JEWELRY & SMALL METALS
Artists experienced in contemporary metalsmithing/jewelry design are invited to apply for the opportunity to work in the Wilson Metals Studio. Artists may apply to spend up to 3 months.
The studio houses a wide variety of equipment and provides the resident with a semi-private workspace away from the main work area. The artist should still plan to work around class schedules however, and is expected to be cooperative within this community studio environment. A public presentation of the artist’s work will be scheduled during their stay.
- Applications are taken on an ongoing basis; proposals should be submitted at least six months prior to proposed arrival.
- Applicants may request a particular block of time during the year.
- Artists may repeat residencies no more than once every five years.
- Artists are expected to provide their own transportation and materials.
- Although a stipend is not included with the residency, teaching opportunities may exist based upon applicant qualifications.
- Housing is not provided; however, housing may be available depending on length and time of residency.
Residency Application Requirements
Send a letter of application describing your project description or goals of your studio residency to the Metals Department Chair, Jillian Palone. This letter should also include:
- Résumé, including complete contact information.
- CDs of your work relating to your interests, or online links.
- Contact information for two references familiar with your artistic qualifications.
- Suggested dates you would like to schedule your residency.
- Collaborations should include a statement of how the artists will work together. (Please specify one contact person.)
- SASE for return of samples or materials, if appropriate.