We strongly suggest you speak directly to our Rentals Manager to confirm pricing and policies, and to review the Rentals contract.
But the following will give you a general, although not complete, idea of both:
(includes the Convent Garden and the River Garden as well as use of the bride’s room and catering kitchen)
|Monday - Thursday
|Friday or Sunday
Pricing notes: Special daytime rates may be available for events that end prior to 3:00P, Monday through Thursday. An additional 5% Historic Preservation fee will be charged to help maintain our site, a designated Texas Historic Landmark, listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
All rental events must have a Security Guard present, for an additional charge of $30 an hour per security officer, beginning 30 minutes before guest arrival and ending 30 minutes after guest departure. One security officer is required for every 100 guests.
General Rental Policies
A non-refundable deposit of half the rental rate is required to reserve a specific date. A caterer from the Approved Caterers List must provide food and beverages for all events; sorry, no exceptions. Fundraising events are not permitted. Although the number of available parking spots can’t be guaranteed, our free parking lot may be used for guest parking during events. Because of City regulations, there can be no amplified music or amplified performers outside, although they can perform inside the buildings.
Other terms and conditions of rentals are specified in the Information Packets available from the Rentals Manager.
We’re often asked…
When are rentals available?
• Plan an event here any day, from 3:00 pm until 1:00 am. For luncheon-type events ending before 3, special daytime rates may be available Monday through Thursday.
What is the chapel capacity?
• 200 for formal dinning / 300 for a non-seated buffet.
Who may provide alcohol?
• It must be an approved TABC licensed alcohol server provided by your caterer. You may not bring your own.
Can I have an open flame in the chapel?
• No. However, an enclosed flame, below the level of the enclosure, is permitted.
Can you provide tables and chairs?
• No, your caterer typically provides all your tables and chairs.
What is the electrical capacity of the chapel?
• Power in the Chapel is limited to multiple 120-volt/20 amp circuits.
Is my deposit refundable?
• No, sorry — no exceptions.
May I change my reservation date?
• No, our demand is high so we must make no exceptions.
What about smaller events?
• Small meetings, even those for 25 or fewer people, can be held in many of our spaces for a nominal fee.
Can anyone perform wedding services in the chapel?
• Yes, the Chapel is now deconsecrated and is available to any denomination. However, for Catholic service we suggest you first contact the Archdioceses of San Antonio’s office at 734-2620.