Teach at SSA
Artists interested in teaching a class or workshop in the community school at the Southwest School of Art are encouraged to send a proposal and their credentials to our attention. All proposals will be thoughtfully considered.
In selecting teachers and courses, some of the things we look for are
- how well the course fulfills the mission of the SSA;
- the teacher’s reputation as an artist;
- his/her previous teaching experience;
- the logistics of the proposed course with regard to facilities and materials;
- schedule availability;
- and the potential draw of interested students.
Specific proposal details and an application can be downloaded by clicking HERE.
CURRENT FACULTY OPENINGS:
The Southwest School of Art seeks adjunct professors to teach in its College BFA program. Selected faculty must participate in a faculty orientation session before the start of the term in which they will teach, must hold at least one hour of “office hours” each week during the term of instruction, and they should be willing to work with SSA’s studio faculty to create a unified learning environment for SSA’s students. Applicants should possess a terminal degree in the field in which they hope to teach. For a complete job description and information on how to apply, click HERE.